So a super quick recipe today as I am getting a lot of stuff ready to be posted! I made these on a whim one night, and they turned out really good! So I had to share. They’re more of a brownie with protein than a protein brownie coming in with 2 grams of protein per bite. If you really want to up the protein, replace the Cocoa with another Tablespoon of protein powder.
They’re nothing like a true full guilt fudgy brownie, but they’re a little dense, not cakey, and still moist. Not too sweet, a nice balance. Reduce cooking time by a couple minutes (Toothpick comes out slightly dirty) for a fudgier brownie.
It is just as follows.
Protein Brownie Bites
Super easy brownie bites with a little protein! Not too sweet and a great way to curb your cravings!
- 1 TBSP coconut oil or melted butter (If no coconut oil you can use vegetable or canola oil.)
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP cane sugar (White sugar works too!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg (Or about 1/4 cup egg whites. Using egg whites will increase the protein a bit)
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 TBSP cocoa powder (preferably dutched)
- 1 TBSP chocolate protein powder (I used Orgain vegan protein)
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Get a mini muffin pan and either spray with bakers joy or oil and flour (Can use mini muffin liners as well.)
- Melt your coconut oil or butter and mix in the sugar very well.
- Add in egg and vanilla then mix again.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.