This is another simple, affordable, and delicious recipe. Not the healthiest but I’m of the opinion, if you are starting out cooking from scratch, coming from an unhealthy diet, anything you make yourself with minimal ingredients is better than before. Plus it is super yummy and makes a great side to main dishes. My favorite pairing is with roasts and steak.
Now onto the recipe!
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
An easy and delicious mashed potato recipe. Perfect as a side dish to roasts and meat dishes!
- A little over 2 LBS potatoes
- 6 TBSP butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 C. milk of choice (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large chunks, about 1 inch.
- Boil some water with 2-3 tsp of salt.
- Add in the potatoes and cook until a fork pierces through them easily.
- Drain and transfer back into the pot and add in the butter, mash and add in the rest of the ingredients, adding more seasoning according to preference. Add in milk until texture preference is reached, more for a smoother mash, less for a thicker mash.
Note. I used about 2 1/2 lbs potatoes for this recipe. Feel free to use less and adjust accordingly. Also I left a little skin on my potatoes as I like it this way, feel free to peel completely!