This is another one of those things I never used to like growing up, for some reason or another. Everyone around me loved banana bread, but with nuts. Now I am not a big fan of nuts in desserts, but chocolate, I can get on board with that.
This is a pretty simple recipe, But the brown sugar in it gives it that caramely delicious taste that I know many people love. In my home we ALWAYS have bananas, and I buy a lot, for things like banana pancakes and of course banana bread, I usually have a pile for bananas to eat, and bananas for baking. I dare you to count how many times I wrote banana so far in this post.
Now onto this foolproof and amazing recipe!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
A delicious and simple banana bread recipe. Feel free to replace the chocolate chips with nuts or anything your heart desires.
- 3-4 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 C. White Sugar
- 1/2 C. Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C. (1 Stick) Softened Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 C. AP Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Mash banana until there are barely any chunks left.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl combine sugars and softened butter.
6. Mix sugar mixture into banana mixture until well combined, add vanilla.
7. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl
8. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and add mix-ins. (Nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit, ect.)
9. Pour mixture into loaf pan leaving a bit of room for it to rise (About 1 inch) and bake for about an hour, until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. (I had extra batter and made mini muffins with them)